Jul 14, 2014 14:00 Electrical short sparks fire Electrical short sparks fire Advocate staff report| July 14, 2014 Comments An electrical short likely sparked a fire Saturday night in the attic of a home on Andover Street, the Baton Rouge Fire Department said. The fire at 2743 Andover St. started about 11:05 p.m. Saturday and forced three people from the home, Mike Miles, a spokesman for the Fire Department, said in a news release. There were no injuries. When firefighters arrived at the home about 11:15 p.m., they saw smoke pouring from the attic, Miles said. They fought smoke inside the attic, but found little fire. The fire caused $15,000 in damage, mostly from smoke and water damage, Miles said.