Bourbon Street shooting suspect Le booked into OPP Bourbon Street shooting suspect Le booked into OPP P)hoto provided by the NOPD -- Trung T. Le. Le being held without bail in Orleans Parish Prison Danny Monteverde| email@example.com July 17, 2014 Comments Trung T. Le, the sole named suspect in last month’s Bourbon Street mass shooting, was back in New Orleans on Saturday after the top officials of Louisiana and Mississippi signed extradition warrants ordering his return. Le, 20, was arrested July 4 at a home near Gulfport, Mississippi, hours after being named a suspect in the case. He refused to sign a waiver of extradition during a closed hearing at the Harrison County jail last week. That refusal set the stage for Gov. Bobby Jindal to sign a rare order — a so-called governor’s warrant that can override an inmate’s refusal to be moved to another jurisdiction to face criminal charges — demanding that Le be returned to the state. The issuing and signing of a governor’s warrant can sometimes take weeks or months, but officials in both states moved swiftly to return Le to the city. Jindal signed the warrant Thursday, three days after Le refused to be extradited, and Mississippi Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves received and signed the warrant on Saturday. “The sooner the warrant can be executed, the sooner Louisiana law enforcement can work toward justice in this horrible incident,” Reeves said in a written statement. The Orleans Parish District Attorney’s Office, which was responsible for picking up Le from the Harrison County jail, had him back in the city a short time after Reeves’ office announced he had signed the document. According to Orleans Parish Prison records, Le was booked into the facility about 1:15 p.m. The Belle Chasse man is being held without bail, according to Orleans Parish Criminal District Court records. Le faces one count of first-degree murder in the death of 21-year-old nursing student Brittany Thomas and nine counts of attempted first-degree murder in connection with the woundings of the other victims early in the morning of June 29. A warrant New Orleans police issued for Le does not spell out in detail what evidence police have against him, saying only that a “known witness” to the shooting apparently provided the crucial interview with police that led to Le’s arrest. Police have said they believe Le fired the first shots. They have yet to identify the second suspected gunman in the case. The Orleans Parish Public Defender’s Office, which is representing Le, has declined to comment on the case. Meanwhile, a funeral for Thomas was held Saturday morning at First True Love World Outreach Ministries in Ponchatoula. New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu was among the hundreds of people who attended the ceremony. Thomas, who was on Bourbon Street with friends when she was shot, apparently by accident, died July 2 at Interim LSU Hospital.