Jindal signs governor’s warrant to extradite Bourbon St. shooting suspect Le Jindal signs governor’s warrant to extradite Bourbon St. shooting suspect Le Photo provided by Harrison County, Miss., Sheriff's Office -- Trung T. Le Man wanted in Bourbon St. shooting fights return to La. Danny Monteverde| firstname.lastname@example.org July 17, 2014 Comments Gov. Bobby Jindal has signed a warrant to begin the extradition process for Bourbon Street shooting suspect Trung T. Le. Le, 20, was arrested last week at a home near Gulfport, Mississippi, hours after being named a suspect in the June 29 shooting spree that killed one and injured nine others. On Monday, during a hearing at the Harrison County jail, Le refused to sign a waiver of extradition, meaning he intended to fight being returned to New Orleans. As a result, Jindal on Thursday signed a so-called governor’s warrant, which can override an inmate’s refusal to be moved to another jurisdiction to face criminal charges. Secretary of State Tom Schedler signed the warrant on Friday, the final step for Louisiana officials, and sent it to Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant’s office, said Meg Casper, a spokeswoman for Schedler. Bryant’s office was still awaiting the warrant’s arrival Friday afternoon, according to Nicole Webb, the governor’s spokeswoman. Once Bryant receives Jindal’s warrant, he is expected to sign a similar one ordering Le back to Louisiana. Officials with the Orleans Parish District Attorney’s Office will travel to Mississippi to pick up Le. Christopher Bowman, a spokesman for the DA’s Office, said a date when that will happen has not been set. Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas said Thursday that tips about the second gunman continue to pour in but that, so far, investigators have not been able to identify him. According to court documents, a witness identified Le as one of the gunmen after watching surveillance video of the shooting at Bourbon and Orleans streets. Police have said they believe Le fired the first shot in the gunfight but have not pointed to a motive in the shooting. Le has been held without bail on a charge of first-degree murder and nine counts of attempted first-degree murder since his arrest. He did not make any statements during Monday’s closed hearing, according to Harrison County Justice Court Judge Bruce Strong, who presided over it. Local officials have not answered questions about whether Le spoke to New Orleans police who were members of a task force that found and arrested him. Orleans Parish Chief Public Defender Derwyn Bunton, whose office is representing Le, declined to comment. Follow Danny Monteverde on Twitter @DCMonteverde.