BR man sought in La Annie fatal shooting
Baton Rouge police are searching for the man they believe set up Elbert Marshall to be shot and killed in a parking lot on La Annie Drive in the early morning of May 1.
Marshall, 29, 1737 La Annie Drive, was shot just after 2 a.m. while walking to his vehicle in the parking lot, police have said. He was transported to a hospital where he later died.
Shortly after the shooting, police interviewed a witness, Steaphon Harris, 24, who said he was waiting for Marshall at 1737 La Annie when the shooting happened.
But when police checked Harris’ phone, they learned he had talked to several people prior to the shooting, saying he was going to set Marshall up to be shot an providing one of hem with directions to where Marshall would be and a description of his vehicle, according to a warrant for Harris’ arrest.
Harris, 1387 Harco Drive, Baton Rouge, is wanted on counts of principal to second-degree murder, the warrant says.
DNA find leads to BR man’s arrest in robbery
One of two men accused of robbing a man selling shoes for his church Dec. 20 has been arrested after his DNA was found in the getaway vehicle.
Baton Rouge police booked Harrison Johnson, 33, 5468 Byron St., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on counts of armed robbery.
The victim was selling shoes from his truck in the 2200 block of Plank Road on Dec. 20 when Johnson and another man walked up to him at 12:24 p.m., the affidavit of probable cause says.
The other robber pulled out a handgun, chambered a round and told the victim to run, the affidavit says.
The two men grabbed several pairs of shoes and sped away in a Chevy Suburban, the affidavit says. A witness wrote down the vehicle’s license plate number and detectives later found the vehicle with a 9 mm handgun and ammunition inside.
Authorities book nine on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least nine people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Henry Boudreaux, 31, 16382 Greenwell Springs Road, Greenwell Springs, first-offense DWI and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Kelley Calandro, 21, 2403 Brightside Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, passing in a no-passing zone, an equipment violation, license plate required and reckless operation.
- Pamela Davis, 47, 17553 Sally Ave., Greenwell Springs, first-offense DWI, one-way street violation and reckless operation.
- Jordan Dupont, 25, 804 Summer Breeze Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, disobeying a red light and reckless operation.
- Ivory Lara, 27, 1810 Rees St., Breaux Bridge, first-offense DWI, careless operation and driver’s license required.
- John Lopez, 37, 12247 Dove Hollow Drive, Denham Springs, third-offense DWI, illegally carrying a weapon, failure to report an accident, reckless operation, possession of drug paraphernalia, hit-and-run and aggravated criminal damage to property.
- Natalia Massanga, 25, 1221 Bob Pettit Blvd., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, headlights required, disobeying a red light and reckless operation.
- Thach Nguyen, 30, 15888 Antietam Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and disobeying a red light.
- Carol Triegle, 65, 22652 Sutter Lane, Zachary, first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.