Ohio puppy dies in suspected antifreeze poisoning Ohio puppy dies in suspected antifreeze poisoning Advocate story April 27, 2014 Comments GRATIOT, Ohio (AP) — A puppy has died after his mother was poisoned with antifreeze along with 17 other dogs belonging to a central Ohio man. The puppy died this past week, about a month after someone poisoned 73-year-old Don Butts’ 18 Labrador retrievers in their outdoor kennels in Gratiot (GRAY’-shot), about an hour east of Columbus. One dog died soon after, but veterinarians were able to save the rest. Since then, one of the dogs, Kassie, gave birth. The Newark Advocate reported (http://ohne.ws/PBbTuP) that one of her puppies died about a week later, Butts thinks the puppy died from complications from the antifreeze its mother ingested while pregnant and says the death has brought the pain and shock over the poisoning back to the surface. The Licking County Humane Society is investigating.