LSU dorm room sex film leads to arrest
LSU Police on Friday arrested an 18-year-old man accused of filming two people having consensual sex inside a dorm room bathroom.
Police booked Asa Baker, 18, 3223 Redwood Drive, Alexandria, into Parish Prison on a count of video voyeurism, booking records show.
Baker is accused of filming two people having sex inside a dorm suite bathroom at Kirby Smith Hall in the early morning hours of March 23, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Baker told detectives he and another man heard what sounded like a woman “in danger” early that morning and went to investigate. When they arrived at the bathroom, they realized it was two people having sex and pulled out their cellphones to film them, the affidavit says.
Baker told detectives the couple “had no expectation of privacy” and that he posted the video on Instagram, a social media image and video sharing application, only to remove it from his account 20 minutes later, the affidavit says.
Eight booked on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Sharell Holmes, 22, 6630 Siegen Lane, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, careless driving, failure to maintain control of a vehicle and driver’s license not in possession.
- Ashley James, 25, 4444 Tigerland Ave., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, reckless operation, driver’s license suspended and failure to maintain control.
- Jacequelin Koehn, 24, 1127 Brookhollow Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
- Desmond Lang, 35, 13379 Fleur de Les, Gonzales, second-offense DWI and careless operation.
- Matthew Lucas, 21, 12223 Faircrest Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, speeding, failure to signal while turning and improper lane usage.
- Alex Macias, 33, 1204 W. Thomas Ave., Pasadena, Texas, first-offense DWI, careless operation and driver’s license required.
- Bartow Stulb, 24, 319 Brockenbraugh Court, Metairie, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and failure to signal while turning.
- Leroy Tucker, 52, 37424 Cypress Trace Ave., Geismar, second-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended and improper lane usage.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.