Police accuse BR man in rape of 6-year-old
Baton Rouge police arrested a 27-year-old man Thursday accused of raping a 6-year-old girl in September.
Police booked Devin Jhimar Carter, 27, 1680 74th St., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on a counts of aggravated rape, booking records show.
Carter is accused of forcing the child to perform oral sex on him in September at an apartment on Cedar Lake Drive near Staring Lane, according to an arrest warrant.
Authorities book five on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least five people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Thursday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Brian Arroyave, 28, 716 S. Tinley Drive, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI and wrong way on a one way street.
- Ryan Chipman, 21, 29900 Leach Lane, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Korris Clark, 25, 3015 Country Plaza Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and drinking in a motor vehicle.
- Kerry Sanders, 51, 37256 Prairie Drive, Prairieville, second-offense DWI, improper lane usage, driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license and reckless operation.
- William Smith, 43, 155 Holly St., DeRidder, first-offense DWI, driving over a median and reckless operation.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.