Fifth arrest made in SU dorm robbery attempt
Southern University Police arrested a fifth student accused in an attempted dorm room robbery in late February.
Demarco Jamar Diamond, 19, 72522 Bridgemore Road, Kentwood, was booked into Parish Prison on counts of attempted armed robbery and home invasion.
Police had arrested four other suspects accused of forcing their way into a dorm room in Ulysses Jones Hall on Feb. 26 and demanding clothes and money from the dorm room’s resident.
The school has “emergency suspended” all five men pending further investigation, said Ed Pratt, a Southern University spokesman.
BR man arrested in casino robbery
Baton Rouge police arrested a 24-year-old man on Wednesday accused of robbing a cashier inside a casino in November.
Police booked Jamie Fassbender, 24, 13170 Dutchtown Point, Gonzales, into Parish Prison on simple robbery, according to a warrant for his arrest.
Fassbender is accused of asking for change for a $5 bill from a cashier the night of Nov. 27 at Shucks on the Levee inside the Belle of Baton Rouge Casino, the warrant says.
When the cashier opened the register to make change, Fassbender grabbed the money and ran, the warrant says.
Authorities book six on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least six people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Tuesday and 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Ricardo Barraza, 30, 12938 Rambling Oaks Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and careless operation.
- Lettie Guillory, 19, 202 S. Montauban Drive, Lafayette, first-offense DWI, purchasing or possessing alcohol by a minor, failure to signal while turning and driving over a median.
- Courtney Meterko, 22, 777 Ben Hur Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to signal while turning and improper lane usage.
- Christel Morgan, 77, 315 Locksley Drive, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, reckless operation and failure to maintain control.
- Tyler Rivet, 31, 53560 Ware St., White Castle, first-offense DWI, failure to signal while turning and improper lane usage.
- Lauren Sutton, 23, 4420 Rue St. Martin Drive, Kenner, first-offense DWI, license plate required, failure to yield while exiting a private drive and motor vehicle inspection required.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.