Mar 6, 2014 22:38 Water heater causes fire at Hundred Oaks duplex Water heater causes fire at Hundred Oaks duplex Advocate Staff file photo by Kerry Maloney Advocate staff report March 06, 2014 Comments The Baton Rouge Fire Department blames a malfunctioning water heater for starting a fire in one unit of a duplex at 2400 Hundred Oaks late Wednesday, causing heavy heat and smoke damage. Firefighters arrived at 10:18 p.m. to find a bathroom and bedroom on fire, said department spokesman Curt Monte. The fire was under control by 10:30 p.m., but not before the unit suffered an estimated $45,000 in damage, he said. The estimated prefire value was $60,000. The occupant of the unit was not home at the time of the fire and the adjacent unit was unoccupied, Monte said.