- CRIMESTOPPERS AND BULLYING PREVENTION FOR PARENTS: 10 a.m., Chaneyville Community Center, 13211 Jackson Road, Zachary. The program will be presented by I Care and Sgt. Don Stone.
- LSU BIKE SALE AND AUCTION: 10 a.m., near LSU Student Union Theatre, Tower Drive. LSU Student Government and the Office of Parking & Transportation Services will host the auction, which will raise funds for bike programs and infrastructure at LSU. sites01.lsu.edu/wp/parking/bike-auction.
- CARVER CROCHET CLUB: 4 p.m., Carver Branch Library, 720 Terrace St. Patrons of all ages are invited to work on their crochet skills. Call (225) 389-7440.
- MICROSOFT EXCEL PART 2: 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Mirror of Grace Outreach, 921 N. Lobdell Blvd., Suite E. The class is free. Pre-registration is required. Call (225) 300-4528.
- “THE ABOLITIONISTS”: 6:30 p.m., LSU Women’s Center, 5 Union Square, Raphael Semmes Road. LSU Libraries will hold a partial showing of “The Abolitionists” as part of its “Created Equal: America’s Civil Rights Struggle” film series. The film looks at several prominent abolitionists, including William Lloyd Garrison, Frederick Douglass, Angelina Grimké, Harriet Beecher Stowe and John Brown. Call (225) 578-8875 or lib.lsu.edu/sp/subjects/createdequal.