Police seek Muriel Drive store robbery suspects
Baton Rouge police are searching for two men who robbed a Muriel Drive convenience store Saturday night.
Two Hispanic men carrying handguns walked into La Frontera grocery store, 11219 Muriel Drive, at about 7:30 p.m., stole money and fled in a silver Mitsubishi Eclipse, Cpl. L’Jean McKneely said.
One robber wore a black vest with a gray T-shirt over his face, and the other robber wore a black jacket with a gray T-shirt covering his face, McKneely said.
Anyone with information can contact police at (225) 389-3845 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-7867.
Police arrest man in BR parade disturbance
Police arrested a 27-year-old man Saturday night accused of causing a drunken disturbance on a float during the Krewe of Jupiter & Juno parades in downtown Baton Rouge.
Baton Rouge police booked Kimdrick Wells, 27, 5620 Clayton St., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on counts of public intoxication, public intimidation and threatening a public official, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
During a dispute about beads, Wells became upset, cursed loudly and resisted attempts by bystanders to calm down, a detective wrote in the affidavit.
Inside the police officer’s vehicle, Wells said the police officer wouldn’t have a job by Monday, the affidavit says.
Wells also is accused of threatening to shoot the police officer in the head if he goes to the street where Wells lives, the affidavit said.
Six arrested on DWI counts in EBR
Authorities arrested at least six people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Kody Atwell, 21, 16875 Watkins Road, Walker, first-offense DWI, parking where prohibited and reckless operation.
- Leashton Collins, 24, 4512 La. 1, Napoleonville, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation.
- Conner Hodgeson, 19, 10132 Oakline Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to signal while turning, improper lane usage and simple obstruction of a highway.
- Jose Mendoza, 35, 554 Blanchard St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driving without a driver’s license and improper lane usage.
- Forrest Shea, 19, 1645 Brightside Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, speeding and reckless operation.
- Racele Wright, 42, 3116 Layton Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and failure to signal while turning.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.