Baton Rouge police on Friday arrested a 29-year-old man accused in a September drive-by shooting in Scotlandville targeting a man the shooter has allegedly robbed previously.
Police booked Raymond Williams, 29, 208 Cypress St., Baker, into Parish Prison on counts of aggravated assault with a firearm, intimidating a witness and illegal use of a weapon, according to a warrant issued for his arrest in November.
Williams is accused of firing several shots at the victim while driving in the 500 block of Woodcock Street, the warrant says.
Police arrested Williams in August on accusations he robbed the same man at gunpoint, according to court documents. Williams and two other men allegedly approached the victim holding guns, robbed him of his cellphone, money and a ring, and then broke his nose, according to August arrest warrant.
Four arrested in BR prostitution sting
Baton Rouge police arrested four women late Thursday in a prostitution sting by targeting advertisements placed on Backpage.com.
Police booked Erica Semone Gaines, 19, of Gonzales; Devon Dain, 21, of Milton, Fla.; Jamelle Grays, 27, of Houston; and Eileen Omodell, 33, also of Houston, into Parish Prison on prostitution counts, according to affidavits of probable cause.
Dain and Omodell were accused of second-offense prostitution, and Gaines was also booked on a count of marijuana possession, affidavits said.
The arrests took place during stings conducted around 8 p.m. Thursday, with undercover officers agreeing to pay the women from $50 to $400 each for sex after meeting them at local motels.
In each case, officers posing as “johns” used Backpage.com to contact the women and set up the meetings, the documents show.
13 booked in prison on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 13 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Daniel Board, 21, 1206 Stoneleigh Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and headlights required.
- Andrew Dasgoswami, 19, 217 N. Philo Drive, Lafayette, first-offense DWI, an equipment violation and reckless operation.
- Gerry Douglas, 50, 735 Meadow Bend Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, expired motor vehicle inspection, resisting an officer, possession of an alcoholic beverage in vehicle and careless operation.
- Donnie Jarvis, 30, 2245 Jefferson St., Baker, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation.
- Richard Jimenez, 31, 41139 Don Lou Drive, Gonzales, third-offense DWI, hit & run, possession of drug paraphernalia and reckless operation.
- Robert Leggett, 61, 12354 N. Yorkdale Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Gregory Mattick, 23, 18044 Old Covington Highway, Hammond, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Bryce Menge, 22, 1195 Gecko Road, Breaux Bridge, first-offense DWI, passing on the right and reckless operation.
- Derrick Pitre, 49, 12014 Binghampton Drive, Houston, first-offense DWI, careless driving and one-way street violation.
- Clifford Pryor, 34, 1120 Spanish Town Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driving without a driver’s license and driving over a median.
- Kristin Reine, 21, 4435 Smith Acres Lane, Fordoche, first-offense DWI, disobeying a red light and reckless operation.
- Jason Shapiro, 23, 116 White Circle, Lafayette, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, failure to maintain control of a vehicle, driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license and insurance required.
- Brandi Stout, 24, 20910 Deauville Drive, Spring, Texas, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage, reckless operation and making an improper turn.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.