- RED STICK FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m. to noon, Main Street Market, 501 Main St. Local farmers and artisans will be available with fruits, vegetables, Angus beef, poultry, eggs, dairy products, baked goods, flowers, plants, wines and more.
- APPRECIATION DAY: 9:30 a.m., BREC’s Baton Rouge Zoo, 3601 Thomas Road. The Baton Rouge City Appreciation Day will include a prediction for Sunday’s Super Bowl XLVIII by the zoo’s two Sumatran tigers, coincidently named Denver and Seattle, a scavenger hunt, LSU’s Mike the Tiger, buy-one-get-one admission and more. (225) 775-3877.
- BREC HIGHLAND CELEBRATION: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., BREC Highland Road Community Park, 14024 Highland Road. The celebration will include a live performance by the band Blueprint, zip lining, disc golf, demonstrations, food trucks and more. www.brec.org.
- HOOPS AND HISTORY TALK: 2 p.m. to 3 p.m., Hill Memorial Library, LSU campus. Former LSU head coach Dale Brown and basketball player Rudy Macklin will join the discussion. Event is free and open to the public. (225) 578-6544.
- “KICK IT OUT!”: 7:30 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts. The Of Moving Colors production will feature 80 young dancers alongside professionals. Tickets range from $12 to $35. www.manshiptheatre.org.