Man dies in apartment fire near LSU Man dies in apartment fire near LSU by ben wallace| firstname.lastname@example.org Jan. 26, 2014 Comments A 48-year-old man died during an apartment fire that had extinguished itself by the time firefighters arrived Saturday morning in a neighborhood just south of LSU. Firefighters responded to a cardiac arrest in the Camelot Apartments in the 1200 block of Jim Taylor Drive about 10:30 a.m. and found a man who appeared to have died as a result of smoke inhalation, said Curt Monte, a Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesman. The fire depleted the oxygen supply inside the apartment and burned out before firefighters arrived, Monte said. Investigators believe the man may have fallen asleep while preparing a meal, which led to an unattended cooking fire, Monte said. The man’s identity is being withheld until his family has been notified, Monte said.