Man accused of killing his cousin surrenders
A 19-year-old man accused of fatally shooting his 16-year-old cousin Monday in an Old South Baton Rouge home surrendered to authorities Friday afternoon.
Devon Bowie, 19, 1108 St. Joseph St., was booked into Parish Prison on counts of second-degree murder and illegal use of a weapon in the death of Patrick Williams, prison records show.
On Thursday, Baton Rouge police spokesman Cpl. Don Coppola Jr. said the shooting was a culmination on an ongoing dispute between the two. Williams was found dead with multiple gunshot wounds in the Joseph Street home about 11:30 a.m. Monday after officers responded to calls of shots fired inside.
Williams had been on probation for simple robbery at the time of his death and was one of three juveniles found to have committed a robbery at LSU in April.
BR man, 20, arrested in armed robbery
East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff’s deputies arrested a 20-year-old man Friday accused of robbing a man at gunpoint and attempting to kidnap him Jan. 12 near Gardere Lane.
Deputies booked Corneilus R. Marshall, 20, with a last known address on Jade Avenue, into Parish Prison on counts of armed robbery and attempted aggravated kidnapping, according to a probable cause affidavit.
Marshall is accused of approaching the victim in the 1900 block of Jasper Avenue, just off GSRI Avenue, and demanding, “ ‘Give me all you got, or I will kill you!,’ ” a detective wrote in the affidavit.
The man handed over his cellphone, wedding ring and wallet, which contained a debit card. Marshall, along with another man still being sought but not identified in the affidavit, then tried to force the victim into a car so they could take him to an ATM. But the victim was able to run away, the affidavit says.
Eight people booked on suspicion of DWI in EBR
Authorities arrested at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Terral Baptiste, 49, 9845 Staring Court, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, drug paraphernalia prohibited, stop sign/yield sign violation and reckless operation.
- William Egger, 51, 12222 E. Glenhaven Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper turn and disobeying control device.
- Jason Giacone, 40, 645 Beauregard St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, possession of marijuana, reckless operation and drug paraphernalia prohibited.
- Reagan Greene, 24, 11912 Lake Lery Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Mark Simmons, 50, 13801 Chalmette Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Kevin Sledge, 44, 5319 Charing Way, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Tyler Wesley, 26, 600 Wooddale Blvd., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to signal while turning, speeding and reckless operation.
- Ronald Wheat, 28, 4005 Nicholson Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to signal while turning, improper lane usage and reckless operation.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.