BR man accused of molesting 10-year-old
Baton Rouge police arrested a 53-year-old man Wednesday accused of molesting a girl several times over a period of five years beginning in 1995.
Police booked Melvin Haynes, 1678 N. 38th St., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on counts of sex crimes against a juvenile, according to a warrant for his arrest.
The girl was 10 years old when the first incident happened in October of 1995, and the molestation continued for at least five years at various Baton Rouge residences, the warrant says.
The warrant was issued in October. It was unclear on Thursday why the incidents only recently came to light.
6 booked into prison on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least six people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Tuesday and 2:30 p.m. Thursday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Ana Altares, 23, 4785 Arrowhead St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and registration exemption for commercial vehicles.
- Wilfred Grayer, 40, 9079 Sharon Hills St., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, failure to signal while turning and driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license.
- Matthew Hanna, 30, 8957 Lemon Road, Slaughter, first-offense DWI, careless operation and possession of alcoholic beverage in the vehicle.
- Brooke Moss, 22, 890 Summer Breeze Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and right turn on red prohibited.
- Jared Vicknair, 42, 13170 Dutchtown, Gonzales, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Joseph Walker, 25, 655 Bordelon Road, Lettsworth, second-offense DWI, stop sign/yield sign violation, resisting an officer and public intimidation and retaliation.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.