Jan 13, 2014 10:58 Mistrial declared in BR man’s second-degree murder trial Mistrial declared in BR man’s second-degree murder trial Joe gyan jr| firstname.lastname@example.org Jan. 13, 2014 Comments A judge declared a mistrial Friday after jurors could not reach a verdict in the second-degree murder trial of a Baton Rouge man accused in the 2007 shooting death of a 25-year-old man on Fairfields Avenue. East Baton Rouge Parish Assistant District Attorney Mark Pethke said Ernie Jacobs, 27, will be retried in the killing of Jonathan Dixon, of Baton Rouge. State District Judge Mike Erwin, who declared the mistrial about 6:30 p.m. after the jury deliberated for more than four hours, set a status conference for Jan. 27. Jacobs’ co-defendant, Brian Sanders, 28, pleaded guilty in May to attempted second-degree murder and faces sentencing Feb. 14. He had been charged with second-degree murder. Dixon was fatally shot Nov. 21, 2007. Police and prosecutors have said Sanders and Jacobs went to Eric Taylor’s home to get hair cuts. Taylor told them he could not cut their hair at the time, but to come back later. When Sanders and Jacobs allegedly returned to the Fairfields Avenue home armed with handguns, Taylor was cutting Dixon’s hair and the two were ordered to go into the house, authorities said. Taylor was robbed and fled to another room, dodging gunshots aimed at him. Dixon was shot several times. About $200 was taken during the robbery, an arrest warrant stated.