Jan 5, 2014 22:48 People seeking warmth spark downtown house fire People seeking warmth spark downtown house fire Advocate staff photo by CATHERINE THRELKELD -- Baton Rouge fire fighters spray water on a house fire on Friday across from the Belle of Baton Rouge Casino and Hotel in Baton Rouge. Advocate staff report| Jan. 05, 2014 Comments People trying to stay warm accidentally ignited a fire that destroyed a vacant downtown house late Friday, the Baton Rouge Fire Department said. The blaze in the house at 637 St. Phillip St., started about 10 p.m. and was under control by about 11:15 p.m. Friday, fire department spokesman Robert Combs said Saturday in a new release. Nobody was injured. When firefighters arrived, nearly 75 percent of the house was in flames. A vehicle parked in front of the house sustained heavy damage, too, the release says. The fire caused about $30,000 in damage.