Police: Man shoots accused vandal
Baton Rouge police arrested a 49-year-old man accused of shooting a man in the stomach on Thursday whom he believed had slashed the tires on his wife’s vehicle.
Police booked Roosevelt Jimerson, 675 Wooddale Blvd., Apt. 116, Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on counts of attempted second-degree murder and illegal use of a weapon, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
The victim told investigators that Roosevelt confronted him at the Colonial Terrace apartments, where both men live, and that he denied having anything to do with the alleged tire slashing, the affidavit says.
During the argument, the victim shoved Roosevelt, which prompted Roosevelt to pull out a gun and shoot the victim once in the stomach, the affidavit says.
Roosevelt fled the scene before police arrived, but he soon surrendered to authorities at the 1st District precinct on Plank Road, the affidavit says.
Seven DWI suspects booked into prison
Authorities arrested at least seven people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- James Collins, 37, 221 Dotson Ave., first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, improper window tint, insurance required, driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license, fugitive and an equipment violation.
- Charles McKee, 46, 5420 Breckenridge Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to signal, drinking in a motor vehicle and reckless operation.
- Stephanie Patin, 24, 7231 Moss Point Lane, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- James Piker, 27, 1163 Midway Road, Slaughter, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license and improper lane usage.
- Gaither Pope, 60, 2425 Orpine St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Richard Richardson, 39, 20360 Puligny Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Rodrick Wilkins, 20, 2011 Vickers Drive, Baton Rouge, underage DWI, reckless operation, an equipment violation and drinking in a motor vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.