Man arrested in rape in front of toddler
Baton Rouge police on Saturday arrested a 34-year-old man accused of tying a woman up, beating and choking her, then raping her in front of her 2-year-old son on Dec. 10.
Tyrone Wayne Hadley Jr., 646 Summit Ridge Drive, Baton Rouge, was booked into Parish Prison on counts of aggravated rape, domestic abuse battery with child endangerment, and distribution and manufacturing of Schedule I and Schedule III drugs.
Hadley punched the woman several times in the shoulder and upper body, then tied her hands together with an electric cord and began punching her in the stomach, according to the arrest warrant.
Next, he raped her and ordered her to lay in bed next to him, threatening to kill her if she did anything to him while he slept or left in the middle of the night, the warrant says.
The 2-year-old boy was present during the ordeal, the warrant says.
11 booked on suspicion of drunken driving
Authorities arrested at least 11 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 a.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Yulia Calderon, 20, 18617 Little Prairie Road, Prairieville, first-offense DWI and a traffic control signal violation.
- Bhakta Chuwan, 28, 373 Community College Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and failure to maintain control.
- Danielle Gardner, 28, 6929 Commerce Circle Blvd., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, motor vehicle inspection required, disobeying a red light and failure to change driver’s license address.
- Brian Hartwell, 25, 12235 Wickwood Ave., Baton Rouge, third-offense DWI, resisting an officer, reckless operation, battery of a correctional employee, disobeying a red light, simple criminal damage to property and operating a vehicle with a suspended license.
- Gary Hersom, 52, 7 Longley Drive, Harpswell, Maine, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, possession of alcoholic beverage in a vehicle, simple criminal damage to property, home invasion, false imprisonment, domestic abuse aggravated assault and theft.
- John Laville, 23, 224 Woodgate Blvd., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, stop sign/yield sign violation, driver’s license not on person, disobeying a red light and reckless operation.
- Josiah Lipsmeyer, 27, 10302 W. Winston Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Kevin Lyons, 46, 15855 S. Sunderland Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, fugitive, insurance required, operating a vehicle with a suspended or revoked driver’s license and reckless operation.
- Mark Marcelle, 29, 11620 Airline Highway, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Dominque Ricard, 25, 1023 Laurel St., no city given, first-offense DWI, driving in a parking lane, simple obstruction of a highway, possession of marijuana, driver’s license not in possession and reckless operation.
- Taylor Scala, 21, 6126 Riverbend Lakes, Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and right turn on red prohibited.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.