An investigation Friday morning into improper contact between a female jail inmate and a Morgan City corrections officer led to the arrest of the officer Friday afternoon, Morgan City police said.
Corrections Officer Justin W. Palmature, 25, of Morgan City, was booked into the jail on one count of malfeasance in office, said James Blair, spokesman for the Police Department.
Bail for Palmature was set at $20,000. He also was placed on administrative leave.
Crowley man booked in home invasion
CROWLEY — A man kicked in the door of a Crowley home early Thursday while an adult and two children were inside, police said.
Aaron Senegal, 23, of Crowley, was booked on one count of home invasion, Police Chief K.P. Gibson said in a release.
Gibson said police received a call just after midnight about someone kicking in the door of a home in the 1100 block of Kilmer Alley. Officers found Senegal inside, Gibson said.
Senegal was booked into the Acadia Parish Jail.
Arrests posted Dec. 13, 2013, on the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Website,
- Rickey Douglas Barker, 22, of the 1100 block of Lebesque B Road, Breaux Bridge. He was booked on fugitive.
- Sylas Devin Borel, 21, of the 300 block of Vivian Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on felony theft.
- Clyde Elier Boudreaux Jr., 21, of the 300 block of T-Frere Road, Carencro. He was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
- Torrey Broussard, 37, of the 500 block of Bourque Road, Lafayette. She was booked on careless operation, misdemeanor hit-and-run driving and misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
- Julie Broussard, 33, of the 100 block of Vital Street, Lafayette. She was booked on careless driving, misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated and not having a driver’s license.
- Joshua Ryan Chapman, 24, of the 4000 block of Luke Road, Erath. He was booked on fugitive.
- Derek Lane Comeaux, 22, of the 1000 block of Marteau Road, Youngsville. He was booked on second-degree battery.
- Jennifer D. Davis, 36, of the 2100 block of West Willow Street, Scott. She was booked on contributing to the delinquency of juveniles, distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule II narcotics, distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule III narcotics, misdemeanor possession of marijuana and prohibited activities (drug paraphernalia).
- David James Fontenot II, 20, of the 800 block of Oak Street, Scott. He was booked on carjacking.
- Deacon Goodwin, 17, of the 6600 block of Landry Road, Duson. He was booked on disturbing the peace.
- Dalton James, 26, of the 600 block of Breaux Alley, New Iberia. He was booked on municipal purposes.
- Kevin Antavon Johnson, 27, of the 1600 block of Charles Burr Lane, Opelousas. He was booked on operating a vehicle with a suspended license and warrant/bench warrant.
- Tracy Lynn Lauterbach, 29, of the 2900 block of Kenneth Street, Ville Platt. She was booked on warrant/bench warrant.
- Martin Joseph Linden, 23, of the 400 block of West Madison, St. Martinville. He was booked on simple robbery and simple battery.
- Kendall Joseph Livings, 29, of the 2300 block of Mills, Lafayette. He was booked on first-degree robbery.
- Michael Dale Mire, 47, 35124 Clinton Allen Road, Denham Springs. He was booked on two counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- Andranique Owens, 17, of the 100 block of South June Drive, Lafayette. She was booked on disturbing the peace.
- Amy Palombo, 38, of the 200 block of John Wayne Drive, Lafayette. She was booked on warrant/bench warrant.
- Nicholas Lee Parton, 33, 2606-A W. Gloria Switch Road, Carencro. He was booked on two counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- Billy Preston Prejean, 56, of the 1000 block of Ninth, Lafayette. He was booked on three counts of misdemeanor battery of a police officer; misdemeanor theft; and simple assault.
- Terrance Lamar Sinegal, 25, of the 700 block of Sweetbriar, Lafayette. He was booked on six counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- Terrell Thomas, 21, of the 100 block of Bollick Road, Eunice. He was booked on warrant/bench warrant.
- Tiffany Worthen, 19, of the 1300 block of South Main Street, Breaux Bridge. She was booked on fugitive.