Man, 30, arrested in Oct. 8 bank robbery
Deputies with the U.S. Marshals Service arrested a man early Friday accused of robbing a Plank Road Regions Bank at gunpoint on Oct. 8.
Dustin Givens, 30, 2327 71st St., Baton Rouge, was booked into Parish Prison on one count of armed robbery, said Cpl. L’Jean McKneely, a Baton Rouge police spokesman.
Givens is accused of entering the bank, 5950 Plank Road, around 10:40 a.m. Oct. 8 while armed with a gun. He then demanded a security guard’s gun, approached a teller and demanded cash, McKneely said.
Givens is accused of fleeing the bank with an undisclosed amount of money.
In April, Givens was charged with attempted first-degree robbery in the Jan. 10 attempted robbery of a McDonald’s, 355 W. Lee Drive, court records show.
Police say men booked in prostitution sting
Baton Rouge police detectives, targeting people who use the Internet to find prostitutes, ran an undercover operation Thursday night and arrested nine men.
The men are accused of meeting with an undercover officer at a local hotel and agreeing to pay money in exchange for sex, said Cpl. L’Jean McKneely, a police spokesman.
All of those arrested were booked into Parish Prison on counts of prostitution, McKneely said.
In addition, Meco Green, 1374 Thomas H. Delpit Drive, Baton Rouge, also faces a count of child desertion after leaving two small children, ages 1 and 2, alone in a vehicle while meeting with the undercover officer, McKneely said.
Others arrested were: Jason Miller, 39, 1774 N. 40th St., Baton Rouge; Deadrian Gutter, 19, 1008 Dean Lee Drive, Baton Rouge; Willie Davis, 38, 2128 N. Little John Drive, Baton Rouge; Cody Jack, 27, 9726 Kinglett Drive, Baton Rouge; Cassidy Shaw, 34, 6251 Woodland Drive, Zachary; David Sampson, 35, 4322 Little Hope Drive, Baton Rouge; Shawn Pfiffner, 24, 30815 E. Bates Drive, Hammond; and Ronald Beaubouef, 54, 42194 Norwood Road, Gonzales.
Authorities book seven on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least seven people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Christopher Brooks, 33, 2250 Broussard St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Austin Cress, 24, 2236 Lee Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, an equipment violation and reckless operation.
- Alexis Eaglin, 19, 3930 Point Clear Drive, Missouri City, Texas, first-offense DWI, failure to signal while turning and speeding.
- Martha Foster, 50, 600 N. Oak St., Vidalia, first-offense DWI, driving with a suspended or revoked license, improper lane usage, reckless operation, speeding and improper lane usage.
- Sterling Johnston, 28, 768 Fountainview Drive, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Rebecca, Mason, 28, 45132 Stringer Bridge Road, St. Amant, first-offense DWI, failure to signal while turning and improper lane usage.
- Nestor Puertas, 20, 9285 Southwest 208th Terrace, Cutler Bay, Fla., first-offense DWI, reckless operation and headlights required.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.