Woman, 27, booked in Nov. 13 stabbing
A Baton Rouge woman was booked into Parish Prison late Friday in the Nov. 13 stabbing of another woman in an incident involving a dispute over money.
Eva Yvette James, 27, 7035 Modoc Road, was booked on counts of aggravated battery, according to a warrant for her arrest.
James met with two women at a residence in the 200 block of North 26th Street to discuss a money dispute, according to the warrant. While there, James allegedly pulled out a small knife and stabbed one of the women several times below the eye and in her face, scalp and chest area, the warrant says.
Eleven booked in EBR on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 11 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Kelly G. Lott, 41, 9170 Redbud St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Stuart Mackey, 7250 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and improper turn.
- Gabriel Murillo Ceballos, 23, 17554 Chasefield Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, simple obstruction of a highway and reckless operation.
- Kacie Parent, 31, 2749 Cavalier Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Carrie Pool, 25, 18755 Johnny Wheat Road, Livingston, first-offense DWI, operating a vehicle with a suspended or revoked driver’s license, speeding and possession/distribution/manufacturing of Schedule IV drugs.
- Anand Pullapilly, 38, 11959 Nicholson Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation.
- Jaimie Reisch, 24, 510 Highland Drive, Bay St. Louis, Miss., first-offense DWI, failure to signal while turning and reckless operation.
- Wendy Scallon, 33, 1365 Stephens Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Josef Stark, 23, 2455 Weldwood Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Waylon Tassone, 35, 3275 N. Ardenwood Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and careless operation.
- Bryan Tumey, 34, 18111 Manning Road, Prairieville, third-offense DWI, disobeying a red light, registration required in the vehicle, improper lane usage, insurance required, license plate switched and careless operation.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.