Electrical short sparks Baker house fire

An electrical short caused a house fire Friday morning on Tristan Avenue, firefighters said.

The blaze, reported at 7:34 a.m., damaged the home’s kitchen and dining room, Baker Fire Department spokesman Howard Ward said in a news release.

The home, at 5205 Tristan Ave., also suffered smoke damage throughout.

The sole resident of the home escaped and there were no other injuries.

The fire, which originated in the kitchen, caused approximately $30,000 in damage to the home, officials said.