B.R. man accused of sexually assaulting girl
Baton Rouge police arrested a 19-year-old man Friday accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl earlier this year.
Police booked Joshua Paul Tassin, 19, 1332 S. Columbine St., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on a count of sexual battery, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Tassin is accused of sexually assaulting the girl in either late March or early April after he encouraged her to drink alcohol at his residence, the affidavit says.
7 accused of driving while intoxicated
Authorities arrested at least seven people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Neil Barre, 44, 13943 Lovett Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and failure to signal while turning.
- Kerrick Jackson, 29, 10409 Carolina St., Wilson, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Reginald Jackson, 54, 2328 Thomas Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and driver’s license required or expired.
- Tori King, 26, 4201 Florida St., Zachary, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Marilyn Richardson, 56, 191 Grand Ave., Lafayette, first-offense DWI, headlights required, driving left of center and driver’s license required.
- Aaron Roberson, 56, 9966 Kinglet Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Jeffrey Young, 24, 3241 Dougherty Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, possession of marijuana and reckless operation.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.