- FALL TREE-FOR-ALL: Noon to 3 p.m., Burden Museum and Gardens, 4560 Essen Lane.
- “BEAKMAN ON THE BRAIN”: 2 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Beakman, the lively scientist from the Emmy-award-winning children’s science show “Beakman’s World,” will perform a series of interactive demonstrations illustrating how the brain works . Tickets are $15. (225) 344-0334 or manshiptheatre.org.
- “THE WOMAN IN BLACK”: 2 p.m., Theatre Baton Rouge, 7155 Florida Blvd. Tickets for the play are $25 for individuals, $22 for group members and $15 for students in advance. (225) 924-6496.
- “HONOR FLIGHT”: 2 p.m., USS Kidd Theatre, 305 River Road South. The free movie presentation documents the life of four living World War II veterans. (225) 767-4673 or hospicebr.org.
- SUNDAY IN THE PARK: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., North Boulevard Town Square, Downtown. Free concert featuring groovy R&B and funk artist Quiana Lynell. Event will also include face painting and balloon creations. (225) 344-8558 or artsbr.org.
- LSU OPERA: 3 p.m., Shaver Theatre, LSU campus. The opera will perform “Così fan tutte,” an 1812 military love story written by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Tickets are $30 for the general public, $20 for faculty/staff/seniors and $15 for students. (225) 578-5128.
- LSU GOSPEL CHOIR: 7:30 p.m., LSU Union Theatre, Raphael Semmes Road, LSU campus. The LSU Gospel Choir performance will feature selections from Jonathan Nelson, Planetshakers, Ricky Dillard and more. Tickets are $20 for the general public, $15 for faculty/staff/seniors and $10 for students with ID. (225) 578-5128.