Man accused of using golf club in attack
A 53-year-old man is accused of choking a woman with a golf club shaft and knocking out four of her teeth during an attack Friday afternoon that occurred while the woman was conducting a pest control and housekeeping inspection at an apartment complex in the 4500 block of North Street.
Baton Rouge police officers booked Richard Wright, 53, 4546 North St., Apt. 5150, into Parish Prison on counts of second-degree battery and aggravated battery, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Wright is accused of attacking the woman after she made a comment about a fan that didn’t have a cover on it, the affidavit says. Wright jumped on the woman’s back and began punching her in the head, the affidavit says.
Wright then grabbed a golf club shaft and, while lying on the woman’s back, began to choke her with the shaft, saying, “I am going to kill you,” according to the affidavit.
The victim was taken to a hospital, and Wright was arrested and booked into Parish Prison on a $70,000 bond.
10 arrested on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 10 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Javier Acosta, 42, 11525 N. Harrell’s Ferry Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended/revoked and improper lane usage.
- Deborah Allen, 53, 809 Summer Breeze Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle, reckless operation and failure to maintain control.
- Jeremy Benton, 27, 10720 Linkwood Court, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended or revoked and possession of an alcoholic beverage in a vehicle.
- Axton Dismukes, 32, 732 Hammond Manor, Baton Rouge, third-offense DWI, simple obstruction of a highway, driver’s license suspended or revoked and operating a vehicle while under suspension of a prior offense.
- Ralph Gonzales, 44, 14818 Forrest Grove Ave., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, possession of Schedule II drugs, driver’s license suspended, revoked and registration exemption on commercial vehicles.
- Addison Heffron, 24, 3235 Highland Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and careless operation.
- Michael Livous, 24, 1848 General Beauregard Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
- Emily Pearson, 18, 300 McIntosh Road, Clayton, underage DWI, motor vehicle inspection required and failure to dim headlights.
- Shaunathan Thibeaux, 34, 28356 GrandTurk Drive, Denham Springs, third-offense DWI, reckless operation and speeding.
- James Thwing, 23, 31494 Smithson Valley Road, Bulverde, Texas, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, failure to yield to an emergency vehicle and simple obstruction of a highway.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.