Man accused of beating boy with power cord
East Baton Rouge sheriff’s deputies arrested a man Thursday accused of beating an 11-year-old boy with a power cord.
Deputies booked Erich Scott Jacobs, 37, 16352 Old Hammond Highway, Lot 4, Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on counts of cruelty to juveniles, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Jacobs told detectives he was trying to whip the boy on the buttocks but the power cord left marks on his arms, legs and back because the boy resisted, the affidavit says.
Woman booked on witness intimidation
A 29-year-old woman who is accused of attempting to hit a 73-year-old woman with a shovel while she unloaded groceries in July recently threatened to beat up the victim if she ever left her house, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Baton Rouge police officers on Friday booked Jeannifer Alexander, 29, 1715 N. 24th St., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on counts of intimidating a witness, according to the affidavit.
Alexander is accused of walking up to the victim while she unloaded groceries in late July and swinging a shovel at her several times, according to arrest records. On Wednesday, Alexander approached the victim’s residence and threatened to beat her up if she came outside, the affidavit says.
“No one should have to live after retirement and be afraid to exit their own house,” the affidavit says.
8 arrested on suspicion of intoxicated driving
Authorities arrested at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked her into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
- Michael Billings, 25, 20655 Charles Ory Drive, Plaquemine, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Pedro Bonilla, 41, 4647 Victoria Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage, reckless operation and driver’s license required or expired.
- Marcus Cook, 25, 15959 Tiger Bend Drive, first-offense DWI, speeding and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
- David Erickson, 24, 12915 Joor Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and careless operation.
- Joshua Freneaux, 34, 30225 Grannylee Drive, Plaquemine, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, driver’s license suspended or revoked and texting while driving.
- Lindsay Madatic, 30, 2293 Hollydale Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation.
- Alicia Okley, 31, 13266 Brookcrest Drive, Walker, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and drinking in a motor vehicle.
- Beckie Perry, 37, 9976 Cloudland Drive, Central, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and improper lane usage.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.