BR man booked in home invasion
Baton Rouge police arrested a 19-year-old man Thursday who is accused of forcing his way into an East Lakeshore home on Aug. 27 and trying to push a handicapped man into a car.
Police booked Ladre Doucette, 2612 Fairchild St., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on counts of home invasion and simple kidnapping, prison records show.
Witnesses told police Doucette forced his way into the home with a sawed-off shotgun and shouted “where’s the money,” before one of the occupants ran past him and toward a nearby police station, according to the affidavit of probable cause.
Doucette punched the handicapped victim in the chest, continuing to demand money before asking for the car keys, the affidavit says. As Doucette was trying to put the victim in the car, a black vehicle drove by that Doucette mistook for a police vehicle and he fled on foot, the affidavit says.
Doucette has a prior conviction for simple burglary, the affidavit says.
Police: Man drugged then raped woman
East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s deputies arrested a 20-year-old man accused of drugging a 19-year-old woman on Aug. 14 and raping her.
Deputies booked Terrance Lloyd Cushenberry, 3135 S. Darla Ave., Gonzales, into Parish Prison on one count of forcible rape, prison records show.
The victim said Cushenberry and another man she did not know arrived at her apartment about 7 p.m., the affidavit warrant says. The victim said she remembers Cushenberry making her a drink with a Xanax, referred to as a “Xanax Juicer” but does not remember anything for the next six hours, the warrant says.
When she woke up the next morning, the woman said, she was wearing a different color of underwear than she had on before she passed out and several open condom wrappers were on the floor, the warrant says. She said she asked Cushenberry when he called the next day and told her they had sex, though she said she never agreed to have sex with the two men, the warrant says.
Man accused of abuse, child desertion
A 21-year-old man accused of assaulting his wife Friday, locking their 2-month-old child in a vehicle for an hour and then urinating on the vehicle has been arrested.
East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s deputies booked Thomas Alajawon Little, 6630 Siegen Lane, Apt. U-189, Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on counts of domestic abuse battery, disturbing the peace intoxication, urinating in public and child desertion, prison records show.
The victim said Little had been drinking when he slapped her three times, tackled her and pressed his knee to her stomach, according to the affidavit of probable cause. Little also climbed on top of the vehicle that the child was locked in and urinated on it, the affidavit says.
Deputies later learned Little had the keys to the vehicle that the infant was locked in for one hour, even though firefighters had to open the vehicle and get the child, the affidavit says. Little denied drinking or assaulting his wife, the affidavit says.
10 booked on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 10 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Demone Carline, 33, 3303 Lone Oak Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, license plate required and improper lane usage.
- Mitchell Dipaola, 20, 6444 Jones Creek Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, possession of marijuana, improper lane usage, possession of drug paraphernalia and failure to change address on a driver’s license.
- Madison Field, 25, 4746 Palm St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and improper turn.
- Zelinka Henry, 35, 3305 Anna St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, equipment violation, reckless operation and driver’s license required/expired.
- William Jones, 31, 371 Elm St., Black Rock, Ark., first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Kristen Kera, 19, 34 Egret St., New Orleans, first-offense DWI and failure to signal while turning.
- Roland Landry, 30, 7723 Kingsley Drive, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Ricky Robins, 40, 416 Robney Drive, Sumter, S.C., second-offense DWI, failure to register vehicle, driver’s license suspended/revoked, improper lane usage and reckless operation.
- Corey Stevens, 37, 4865 Glen Oaks Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended or revoked, following too close and window tint obscuring view.
- Oucha Tasker, 39, 12401 Dutchtown Lane, Geismer, first-offense DWI, disobeying a red light, speeding, drinking in a motor vehicle and driver’s license suspended/revoked.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.