Man, 27, accused of kidnapping girlfriend
A 27-year-old man is accused of kicking the mirrors off his girlfriend’s vehicle during an argument and then holding her captive at gunpoint inside his apartment until she escaped through a window.
Police on Saturday morning booked Reynold Lovely, 2360 Balis Drive, Apt. 7, into Parish Prison on counts of second-degree kidnapping and simple criminal damage to property, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Lovely is accused of bringing his unwilling girlfriend into his apartment while holding a pistol to her head and blocking the door with a couch, forcing her to escape out of a bedroom window, the affidavit says.
Armed robbery committed inside SUV
East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff’s deputies arrested a 24-year-old man Friday accused of robbing a man at gunpoint Aug. 11 inside a SUV and threatening to kill him.
Deputies booked Sky Stamm, 38219 Debbie St., Prairieville, into Parish Prison on counts of armed robbery, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
The victim told detectives that two men, including Stamm, and a woman picked him up shortly before 5 p.m. Aug. 11, under the premise that they’d drive him somewhere to make a drug sale, the affidavit says.
While driving around the neighborhood, Stamm is accused of wrapping a seat belt around the victim’s neck while the other male passenger, identified as “Lizard,” pointed a pistol at the victim’s head, the affidavit says.
When the victim refused to hand over money and drugs, “Lizard” fired a bullet from the pistol past the victim’s head and threatened to “blow his brains out and throw him in a ditch,” the affidavit says.
The victim gave the men nearly $500 in cash, a cellphone and a baseball cap.
The robbers then kicked the victim out of the car and threatened to “come back to his house and kill him and his whole family” if he called police, the affidavit says.
Police arrest man, 25, in downtown bar fight
Baton Rouge police arrested a 25-year-old man Friday accused of punching a man inside a downtown Baton Rouge bar Aug. 24 and breaking his jaw in three places.
Police booked Hunter Hughes, 36067 Walker North Road, Walker, into Parish Prison on counts of second-degree battery, according to an arrest warrant.
The victim told detectives that he fell on the floor of City Bar while attempting to break up a fight, and when he stood up, Hughes punched him several times, the warrant says.
As a result of the beating, the victim suffered a broken jaw and a torn bicep, the warrant says.
Eight people booked on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Terry Coleman, 35, 3677 Chippewa St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, drinking in a motor vehicle and driver’s license restriction violation.
- Ana Collins, 19, 4500 Burbank Drive, Baton Rouge, underage DWI and turning right on a red light where prohibited.
- Tyler Comeaux, 21, 5063 Myrtle Drive, Addis, first-offense DWI, driver’s license required/expired and reckless operation.
- Alfreddie Ellis, 58, 12528 Warfield St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended or revoked and failure to signal while turning.
- Pamela R. Fry, 60, 14424 Bluff Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and driving left of center.
- Jonathan Harts, 30, 740 Fontaine Bleau Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to signal while turning, operating a vehicle while driver’s licenses suspended for a prior offense and improper lane usage.
- Carruth Higgins, 33, 467 W. Main St., Brusly, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, speeding and driver’s license required or expired.
- Vanessa Martin, 31, 2525 O’Neal Lane, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control and careless driving.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.