Man accused of trying to steal pit bull puppy
Baton Rouge police arrested a 22-year-old man Friday who is accused of attempting to steal a pit bull puppy from a woman’s yard on Erie Street.
Police booked Jonathan Sam, 2851 Erie St., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on counts of simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling and attempted theft of an animal, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
The victim told police she returned home July 24 to find two doors of her home open and two men in her yard, one of whom was attempting to take her puppy that had run under the house, the affidavit says.
The victim took a picture of the man before both men fled the residence, which police later used to identify Sam, the affidavit says.
Sam told police he and a friend went to get the puppy because he heard the woman had moved out of the house after it had been burglarized, the affidavit says. He denied breaking into the house.
Arrest made in arson, terrorizing case
A 25-year-old man is accused of lighting a gasoline-soaked rag on fire early Wednesday morning and setting it on the doorstep of a residence where three people slept.
Police booked Eric Dickerson, 5745 Quivera St., Baton Rouge into Parish Prison on counts of aggravated arson, terrorizing and violation of protective orders, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Dickerson is also accused of sending threatening text messages and making threatening phone calls to one of the victims inside the home, identified as an ex-girlfriend, the affidavit says.
Man accused of theft, battery on woman
Baton Rouge police arrested a 26-year-old man Wednesday accused of punching a woman repeatedly and stealing her cell phone after she refused to prostitute for him.
Police booked, Nakendrick Bowman, 5831 Monarch Ave., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on counts of simple battery, theft and enticing persons into prostitution, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
The victim told police that Bowman pulled her out of a vehicle after she refused to prostitute for him, then hit her multiple times and stole her cell phone which had fallen on the ground, the affidavit says.
Six people suspected of DWI arrested in EBR
Authorities arrested at least six people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Carolyn Haw, 38, 9041 Alder Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, careless operation and resisting an officer.
- Justin Hewitt, 23, 34922 Old La. 16, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended or revoked, insurance required and driving without a license.
- Stephen Kent, 20, 69 Coronado Ave., Kenner, first-offense DWI, possession of an alcoholic beverage in a vehicle and speeding.
- Jake Martin, 25, 10837 Wakefield South Drive, St. Francisville, first-offense DWI and driving without a license.
- Pamela Moon, 52, 10280 McCullough Drive, Zachary, first-offense DWI.
- Austin Norris, 18, 1655 Rue Crozat St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driving without a license, possession of Schedule I drugs and simple obstruction of a highway.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.