Man faces upgraded counts in pregnant girlfriend shooting Man faces upgraded counts in pregnant girlfriend shooting BY BEN WALLACE| firstname.lastname@example.org Aug. 18, 2013 Comments A 19-year-old man accused of shooting his pregnant girlfriend multiple times Aug. 2 was arrested Friday after Baton Rouge police upgraded the counts he faces to include forcible rape. Gregory Williams, 19, 5928 St. Katherine St., who was booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on Aug. 2 on counts of attempted second-degree murder and illegal use of weapon, also had his murder count upgraded to attempted first-degree murder, according to an arrest warrant issued Aug. 13. By Friday night, Williams had posted a $40,000 bond and was released from Parish Prison, according to a Parish Prison bookings supervisor. Williams had been out on bail after posting an $85,000 bond Aug. 3 in the original booking, court records show. Williams could face additional counts, and the investigation is ongoing, said Cpl. L’Jean McKneely, a Baton Rouge police spokesman. The shooting took place about 2 a.m. at an apartment in the 2800 block of Daugherty Drive. Williams is accused of entering the apartment and initiating sex with the victim, who asked him to stop, the warrant says. He then “overcame her by force and finished,” the warrant says. Shortly after, Williams shot the victim multiple times in the head and shoulder, which he later admitted to police, the warrant says. The victim was able to provide a description of the shooter to emergency responders before she was taken to a hospital to undergo emergency surgery. Police soon located and arrested Williams at his residence on St. Katherine Street.