Murder warrant issued in La Annie shooting
An arrest warrant for second-degree murder and illegal use of a weapon has been issued for a suspect in the Aug. 1 fatal shooting of a 17-year-old man in the 1700 block of La Annie Drive.
Reginald Pickett Jr., 19, 12254 La Margie St., is accused of fatally shooting Lezell James, 17, almost immediately after James walked into an apartment shortly after midnight Aug. 1, the warrant says.
Witnesses told detectives that as soon as James walked into the apartment, Pickett pushed James, pulled a handgun and shot him once in the chest, according to the arrest warrant.
Pickett then pointed the handgun at the witnesses and told them to carry James out of the apartment, the warrant says. James, who was pronounced dead at the scene, died about thirty minutes after the shooting, the warrant says.
18-year-old accused of indecent behavior
Baton Rouge police Thursday arrested an 18-year-old man who is accused of fleeing a bedroom in mid-July after a teenage girl’s mother walked in on them apparently about to engage in sexual activity.
Police booked Julian K. Dyson, 5650 Sumrall Drive, Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on counts of indecent behavior with juveniles, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
On the night of July 14, the mother of the victim, who is 14, walked into the girl’s bedroom and found the victim partially disrobed, lying on her bed, with Dyson sitting next to her, the affidavit says.
The victim’s mother said Dyson then ran away from the house, the affidavit says. The victim told police Dyson had asked her after entering her room if she would have sex with him, to which she replied, ‘No,’ the affidavit says.
Zachary police arrest BR man in spanking
Zachary police arrested a 26-year-old man Friday accused of spanking a toddler hard enough to bruise the child’s buttocks.
Brandon Ledoux, 12535 W. Erin Drive, Baton Rouge, was booked into Parish Prison on counts of cruelty to juveniles, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Ledoux is accused of striking the child outside a hospital on Aug. 5, the affidavit says. The child’s mother told police the bruises weren’t from a spanking, but that the toddler “bruises easily and he fell,” the affidavit says.
The mother added that she allows Ledoux to spank the child because “he provides for them,” the affidavit says. A doctor interview by police stated that the bruises on the child were from physical abuse, the affidavit says.
10 people booked in EBR Parish with DWI
Authorities arrested at least 10 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Gerard Aertker, 61, 9475 Woodbine St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and driving left of center.
- Johnnie Delacerda, 57, 30101 E. School, Albany, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended or revoked, speeding and operating a vehicle while under suspension for a prior conviction.
- Isiah Dunn, 43, 5112 Madison Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, license plate switched, reckless operation and hit-and-run.
- Jason Huckaby, 40, 922 Briarrose Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and stop sign/yield sign violation.
- Adam Kinyon, 18, 1736 Valmont St., New Orleans, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Steven Lambou, 20, 73105 Military Road, Covington, underage DWI and reckless operation.
- Michael Martinez, 20, 65700 Tot Carline Drive, Plaquemine, underage DWI, reckless operation and stop sign/yield sign violation.
- Courtney Pickett, 27, 9551 Margaux Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and simple highway obstruction.
- James Ramsey, 20, 65 Dove St., New Orleans, first-offense DWI, headlights required and improper lane usage.
- Brad Stelly, 36, 283 La La Road, Arnaudville, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.