Aug 6, 2013 23:13 Overloaded power cord leads to fire Overloaded power cord leads to fire Advocate story Aug. 06, 2013 Comments Firefighters battled a blaze Tuesday at the Mirage Villa apartment complex on Florida Boulevard that may have been caused by an overloaded power strip. Baton Rouge Fire Department firefighters arrived at the complex at 9895 Florida Blvd., at 10:25 a.m. and found a bedroom of one of the apartments on fire, spokesman Robert Combs said. Firefighters kept the fire contained to the bedroom and a bathroom, but the rest of the apartment and an upstairs unit were significantly damaged by heat and smoke, Combs said. Other adjacent units had light smoke damage, he said. The fire was extinguished at 10:36 a.m. Damage to the building was estimated at $60,000, Combs said. No injuries were reported.