There will be intermittent lane closures on Lee Drive from Boone Avenue to Blue Bell Drive beginning Monday and extending through Aug. 1.
Both lanes of through traffic will be kept open between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. and at least one lane will remain open for traffic at all other times except for a five-day stretch during which both lanes on a section of Lee Drive will be closed.
Both lanes of Lee Drive between Boone Avenue and Bennett Drive will be closed to through traffic from July 18 until July 22.
The closure is for construction work associated with the city-parish’s Sanitary Sewer Overflow program, which aims to reduce sewer backups and protect the environment from sewage.
During the road closures, the city-parish encourages drivers to use Stanford Avenue as an alternate route.
Other Road Work/Closures
East Baton Rouge Parish
• Barnett Road bridge closed over Bayou Baton Rouge.
• East Chimes Street bridge closed between East Chimes and Carlotta streets.
• Garfield Street bridge closed between Highland Road and Thomas H. Delpit Drive.
• Monterrey Boulevard bridge closed between Ventura Drive and Cuyhanga Parkway.
• Prescott Road bridge closed between Delaware Street and Mohican-Prescott Crossover.
• Winnebago Street closed between Pocasset and Alliquippa streets.
• Woodlake Drive bridge closed between Indian Run Street and Creek Round Avenue for bridge removal/replacement.
• Captain Ryan Drive narrowed at Baton Rouge Airport water tower for road bore and bypass pumping.
• Lanier Drive closed between Videt Polk and Hanks drives from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• Avenue M closed between Elmer and Mills avenues from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for sewer work.
• Old Ben Hur Road closed at Burbank Drive from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. to install a sewer main.
• 3790 E. Brookstown Road vicinity closed for testing and inspection.
• Stuart Avenue closed between Polar Street and Perkins Road for restoration.
• 19th Street narrowed between Convention and Florida streets from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. for renovation of a historic wall.