BR man accused
of burning child
A 24-year-old man accused of beating and burning a 3-year-old boy was arrested Saturday by Baton Rouge police.
Wesley Moore, 24, 3155 Fairfields Ave., Baton Rouge, was booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on counts of cruelty to juveniles, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
The victim had been taken to the hospital Saturday for injuries to his hand when hospital workers discovered a bite mark on his cheek, second-degree burns on two of his fingers, a black eye and several bruises on his back and hip, the affidavit says.
Moore told authorities that the victim had been in his care — and no one else’s — for several hours on Friday and Saturday, but he could not explain the boy’s injuries, the affidavit says.
Police seek suspect in Gus Young shooting
Baton Rouge police are searching for the person who shot a man Sunday night in the 4700 block of Gus Young Avenue, Cpl. Tommy Stubbs said.
The wounded man drove himself to a hospital, but Stubbs said he did not know the extent of the man’s injuries or his condition Sunday evening.
Man booked on sex crimes against child
Baton Rouge police arrested a 40-year-old man Saturday accused of spying on a 14-year-old girl through an air vent while she showered.
Jose Villanueva, 40, 12385 Shay Ave., Baton Rouge, was booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on counts of sex crimes against a child, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Villanueva spied on the girl multiple times over the past few months, the affidavit says.
Deputies arrest man accused of rape
A 20-year-old man accused of raping a woman while she was asleep in a hotel bed with him was arrested Saturday by East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office deputies.
Devon Dajon Turner, 20, 1911 Charleston Drive, Marrero, was booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on counts of simple rape, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Turner removed some of the victim’s clothing while she slept and had begun to rape her when she awoke and pushed him off, the affidavit says.
Turner fled from the room but was later caught by deputies while hiding outside the hotel, the affidavit says.
Turner admitted to taking off some of the victim’s clothing, not knowing whether the victim was awake, but said he did not rape her, the affidavit says.
Authorities book 13 suspected of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 13 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Eddie Ballard, 26, 5665 McClelland Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended/revoked and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Enoise Bynum, 49, 5858 Monarch Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and driver’s license required/expired.
- James Floyd, 42, 187 Bryan Floyd Road, Magee, Miss., first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Rodrigo Garcia, 31, 2850 La. 1, Port Allen, first-offense DWI.
- Austin Gaudin, 19, 19622 La Trace Road, French Settlement, first-offense DWI.
- John Humphreys, 20, 70 Dream Court, Metairie, first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control/careless operation.
- Marvin Leonard, 65, 602 E. Washington St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and possession of marijuana.
- Jermeisha McKenzie, 24, 6626 McClelland Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle, reckless operation of a vehicle and driver’s license required/expired.
- William Mehrhoff, 43, 100 Sena Drive, Metairie, second-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Derrick Royal, 28, 4413 Heath Drive, Baker, first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Michael Ruffin, 65, 3658 N. 38th St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Travis Shaw, 24, 1756 N. 39th St., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, disobeying a police officer and driver’s license suspended/revoked.
- Norris Wright, 52, 7034 Maplewood Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.