Kenner man arrested in child porn case
A 43-year-old man accused of distributing child pornography was arrested Friday by East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff’s deputies.
Walter Sologaistoa, 43, 69 Brittany Drive, Kenner, was booked into Parish Prison Friday on 10 counts of distributing pornography involving juveniles, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
During an investigation by the Louisiana Attorney General’s Office, authorities discovered multiple pornographic video files on Sologaistoa’s home computer, the affidavit says.
When asked if he knew why he was being arrested, Sologaistoa said yes, adding that it was because he downloaded videos of children, the affidavit says.
Man booked with sexual battery
A 49-year-old man accused of inappropriately touching a 28-year-old woman while she slept has been arrested by Baker police.
Joseph Davis, 49, 6125 E. Barksdale Ave., Baton Rouge, was booked into Parish Prison Saturday on counts of sexual battery, prison records show.
The victim said she awoke to discover Davis touching her inappropriately and immediately punched him, according to an affidavit of probably cause.
Davis then told the woman to get out if she didn’t like it, the affidavit says.
Woman arrested in motorcycle scam
A 30-year-old woman accused of falsely reporting her motorcycle stolen in an attempt to prevent it from being repossessed was arrested Friday by East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff’s deputies.
Izetta Smith, 30, 8236 Ned Road, Baton Rouge, was booked into Parish Prison on counts of injuring public records, prison records show.
Smith first reported her 2013 Honda motorcycle stolen to the Sheriff’s Office on May 30, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
But a Sheriff’s Office investigation later revealed that she had knowingly asked her father to store the motorcycle at his garage in New Orleans because she was behind on the motorcycle’s note payments, the affidavit says.
When contacted by investigators, Smith’s father said that he had gone to Baton Rouge to pick up the motorcycle a week earlier and that he was storing it at his home, the affidavit says.
Ten arrested on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 10 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Hannah Ashby, 24, 1212 Sharlo Ave., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, improper lane usage and driver’s license expired
- Jonathan Berger, 27, 14528 E. Beaver Drive, Pride, first-offense DWI, possession of alcohol in a vehicle, hit and run, reckless operation of a vehicle, disobeying a red light and license plate required
- Juan Bustillos, 33, 10928 Abington Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driving left of center and possession of alcohol in a vehicle
- Judd Cook, 21, 3912 Airline Park Drive, Port Allen, first-offense DWI, failure to signal, failure to signal an improper turn and reckless operation of a vehicle
- Jill Ferguson, 20, 9934 Havard St., St. Francisville, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation of a vehicle
- Ryan Grezaffi, 23, 1008 Parent St., New Roads, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended or revoked, failure to maintain control and speeding
- Damien James, 32, 3765 Cane St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driving over the median and reckless operation of a vehicle
- Hollis Odds, 44, 9865 El Scott Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, possession of marijuana, illegal possession of stolen firearms and possession of a firearm with drugs
- Abelardo Ortiz, 36, 3030 Congress Blvd., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage, driving too slow and driver’s license not in possession
- Romina Parsons, 32, 16621 Abshire Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.