Woman accused of cruelty to juveniles
Baton Rouge police arrested a 28-year-old woman Wednesday accused of beating her three children, ages 2, 4 and 5, with an extension cord on their back, hip, face, chest and arm.
The children told police their mother, Sherrie Ann Stevenson, 740 S. 15th St., beat them on April 21 because the 4- and 5-year-old let the 2-year-old drink juice without permission, according to an affidavit warrant.
The 4-year-old said Stevenson beats them often with an extension cord, the affidavit says.
Police booked Stevenson into Parish Prison on three counts of cruelty to juveniles, prison records show.
BR man booked
with sexual battery
Baton Rouge police arrested a 37-year-old man accused of inappropriately touching a young boy in Baker.
Baton Rouge police booked Demetris Green, 5765 Beech St., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on counts of sexual battery and molestation of a juvenile, prison records show.
Green is accused of inappropriately touching a 5-year-old boy on March 31 at a house in Baker, according to an affidavit warrant.
The boy said Green referred to him as his “girlfriend” when he touched him, the warrant says.
During the investigation, the victim’s 12-year-old sister also brought similar accusations against Green, the warrant says.
Man, 57, arrested on count of obscenity
A 57-year-old man was arrested Wednesday after he admitted he exposed himself in front of traffic at 900 North Street.
Baton Rouge police booked Michael Prophet, 3405 Linden St., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on one count of obscenity, prison records show.
Seven booked on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least seven people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Thursday booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Julio Angulo, 29, 3361 Iowa St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Melissa Conti, 29, 1755 College Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Kristen Malloy, 25, 16429 Chadsford Ave., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, backing unsafely, reckless operation of a vehicle and driving left of center.
- Alvin Martin, 36, 1124 Timber Side Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Shannon Naughton, 40, 9079 Willow Bend Drive, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI.
- Beau Prather, 26, 2517 Zeeland Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, motor vehicle inspection required, license plate required, reckless operation of a vehicle and improper lane usage.
- Keith Tullier, 24, 4112 Emily Drive, Port Allen, second-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.