Second arrest made in woman’s rape
Baton Rouge police have arrested the second suspect accused of raping a woman May 1.
Police arrested Anthony Phillips, 25, 7035 N. Buttonwood Drive, Baton Rouge, and booked him into Parish Prison on Thursday on one count of aggravated rape, prison records show.
Phillips and another man, Terrance Patrick, went to the victim’s home and pushed the victim onto the floor of a bedroom, police say. Both men attacked the victim, according to an affidavit warrant.
Patrick, 5013 Stearn St., was booked into Parish Prison on May 1 on a count of aggravated rape, records show.
Two BR men arrested
in armed robbery
Two Baton Rouge men were arrested Wednesday after they allegedly robbed a man at gunpoint of more than $600 in the victim’s backyard on Prescott Road.
East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Deputies booked Ifeanyighichukwu Kennedy Ugbo Jr., 23, 8170 Quad Square, Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on one count of armed robbery and Cory Darnell Johnson, 23, 12334 Mumford Drive, Baton Rouge, on counts of armed robbery, possession of firearms with obliterated numbers, possession with intent to distribute marijuana and possession of a firearm with a controlled dangerous substance, prison records show.
The victim confronted the two in his backyard after he saw them pull into his driveway in a burgundy Chevrolet El Camino, according to affidavits of probable cause. They pulled out handguns and demanded the victim’s personal belongings, the affidavits say.
Johnson and Ugbo denied robbing the man, the affidavits say. They told police they went to the victim’s house to buy mojo, a type of synthetic marijuana.
Seven arrested on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least seven people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Toby Brownson, 41, 319 Octavia St., New Orleans, second-offense DWI, improper lane usage, speeding, reckless operation of a vehicle and driver’s license suspended/revoked.
- Olivia Glaviano, 20, 13109 Patin Dyke Road, Ventress, first-offense DWI, failure to signal/improper turn and improper lane usage.
- Glen Gore, 70, 10150 Ponder Place, Denham Springs, second-offense DWI and speeding.
- Jared Langley, 29, 15580 George O’Neal Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, license plate required, improper lane usage and failure to yield private driveway.
- Justin Lormand, 25, 34027 Spring Lake Drive, Walker, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and improper lane usage.
- Robert Muse, 41, 19410 Pride-Baywood, Greenwell Springs, second-offense DWI.
- Taylor Santillo, 22, 777 Ben Hur Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and driver’s license required.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.