Officials arrest man on child porn charges
State attorney general's investigators arrested a 30-year-old man Saturday accused of keeping more than 25 images of child pornography on electronic devices at his home, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Bradley Bourque, 13535 Devall Road, Baton Rouge, was booked into Parish Prison on 25 counts of pornography involving juveniles.
Authorities searched Bourque's home Sunday and found the images while going through his electronic devices, the affidavit says.
Information in the affidavit about the ages of the children was withheld.
The affidavit does not specify the types of electronic devices Bourque used to save the images.
Bourque told authorities he intentionally downloaded photos and videos containing child pornography, the affidavit says.
Argument escalates into shooting charge
A Baton Rouge teenager who allegedly shot another man April 8 following an argument near Sherwood Meadow Drive and Sherwood Hollow Court was arrested Saturday afternoon.
Baton Rouge police booked Nicholas London, 17, 9403 Wild Valley Road, into Parish Prison on one count each of attempted second-degree murder, illegal use of a weapon and aggravated criminal damage to property, according to a warrant.
The victim was standing at the intersection of Sherwood Meadow Drive and Sherwood Hollow Court at about 9:30 p.m. when London allegedly walked up to him and shot him twice, the warrant says.
The victim tried to run to safety, but London allegedly followed him and fired several more shots before the victim collapsed one block away, the warrant says.
The victim was taken to a hospital with life-threatening wounds, the warrant says.
The victim told police he had argued earlier that day with a person he knew only as "Nick," the warrant says.
One of two suspects arrested in robberies
East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff's deputies arrested an 18-year-old man Sunday accused in two armed robberies at the Willow Bend Lake Apartments on Mead Road, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Kendell Smith, 1865 Swan Ave., Baton Rouge, was booked into Parish Prison on one count each of armed robbery, aggravated burglary, simple criminal damage to property and theft.
Smith and Charles Walker are accused in the robberies early Sunday at the 11070 Mead Road complex, the affidavit says.
One victim told deputies she returned home and found Walker inside, the affidavit says.
Walker pointed a gun at her and demanded her money, the affidavit says. She gave him $5 and her cellphone and noticed that a TV, computers and gaming consoles were missing from her apartment, the affidavit says.
A second victim told deputies she was walking from her vehicle to her apartment when Walker pointed a gun at her and demanded her money, which she surrendered, the affidavit says.
She said she later saw Walker and Smith drive away in a burgundy Pontiac Grand Prix down South Sherwood Forest Boulevard, the affidavit says.
A sheriff's deputy saw the Grand Prix on South Sherwood Forest Boulevard and began following it, the affidavit says.
The car stopped on Aubinwood Drive, the affidavit says.
Walker stepped out of the car, pulled out a gun, dropped it on the ground and ran away, eventually eluding authorities, the affidavit says. Smith was arrested without incident.
Deputies found several cellphones, a TV, an XBox and several backpacks in the Grand Prix, the affidavit says.
Seven arrested on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least seven people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Carl Howard, 44, 6645 Harry Drive, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Matthew Jennings, 39, 212 E. Woodstone Court, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to signal and improper turn.
- Ferdie Lejeune, 46, 11124 Logan Drive, Greenwell Springs, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and speeding.
- John McKeithen, 31, 12427 Coursey Blvd., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle, improper lane usage and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Gabino Nicolas, 21, 38082 Smith Road, Prairieville, first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control, operating a vehicle without lawful presence in the United States and driver's license required.
- Michelle Rasco, 25, 4224 Cherry St., Zachary, first-offense DWI, failure to yield at an intersection and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Charles Stallion, 30, 1858 General Beauregard Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle, improper lane usage and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.