Deputies book man on sex crime counts
The East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office arrested a man Sunday accused of raping two sisters when they were children and threatening to kill them if they saw other males, an arrest document says.
Jose Antonio Flores, 42, 2128 General Jackson Ave., was booked into Parish Prison on counts of aggravated rape and sex crimes against children, prison records show.
One of the victims, who is 19 now, told a deputy that Flores began abusing her when she was 7, and that Flores is the father of her 9-month-old baby, Flores' arrest document says.
The other victim, who is 20, said that Flores abused her from the time she was 11 until she was 15, the document says.
The women said that Flores "threatened to kill them if he caught them in a relationship with another male," the document says.
Flores remained in Parish Prison as of Sunday evening, prison officials said. His bail had not been set.
Authorities book 8 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Jefery Bowman, 23, 8875 Greenwell Springs Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, disobeying a red light and driver's license required.
- Timothy Bradley, 33, 1074 Baird Drive, Baton Rouge, third-offense DWI, operating a vehicle while under suspension for a prior offense, refuse chemical test, required method of turning at intersections, and driver's license suspended or revoked.
- Bryant Brooks, 35, 18964 Vignes Lake Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and improper left or right turns.
- Woodrow Day, 29, 9565 Meredith Drive, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, improper lane usage, reckless operation of a vehicle and disobeying a police officer.
- Stefan Delaune, 27, 1310 Eva St., Gonzales, first-offense DWI, equipment violation and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Juan Lopez, 31, 908 Laredo Plaza, Dallas, first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
- Orson Stewart, 42, 2724 Weller Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage, driver's license suspended or revoked and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Darious Wells, 24, 9398 W. Darrly Ave., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, speeding, license plate required and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.