on drug charges
Officers with the Baton Rouge Area Violence Elimination crime-fighting unit arrested three local residents Thursday night in a Wal-Mart parking lot on various drug charges, Baton Rouge police said.
Cpl. L’Jean McKneely, a police spokesman, said in a news release that the suspects had been inside a vehicle when the arrest was made.
Kevin Evans, 29, 6233 Guynell Drive, was booked with possession with intent to distribute heroin and possession of marijuana and hydrocodone, McKneely said. Adrien Butler, 24, 11041 Plank Road, was booked with possession of crack cocaine and powder cocaine, he said.
Kristopher Payton, 24, 7888 Videt Polk Drive, was booked with possession with intent to distribute powder cocaine and marijuana, possession of crack cocaine and resisting an officer.
Authorities book 10 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 10 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Kayla Dunaway, 23, 5818 De’Anne Marie Drive, Zachary, first-offense DWI.
- Alexandra Harmon, 19, 14346 Eastridge Ave., DWI underage, reckless operation of a vehicle, speeding, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia
- Murry Harmon, 60, 1265 Syburn Drive, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and careless driving.
- Kent Heap, 24, 5387 S. Nicholson Drive, Covington, fourth-offense DWI, failure to yield at stop sign and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Martin Nordstrom, 28, 1396 Audubon Ave., second-offense DWI and license plate required.
- Derek Patin, 31, 3610 James Victor Drive, second-offense DWI, improper lane usage, failure to signal and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Katie Patterson, 25, 950 S. Foster Drive, first-offense DWI, failure to signal and license plate required.
- Robert Sanchez, 26, 3212 Plantation Key Drive, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Sidney Sylve, 33, 4559 Clayton Drive, third-offense DWI, improper lane usage, reckless operation of a vehicle and possession of alcohol in a vehicle.
- Timothy Wilkins, 20, 100 Janis St., New Roads, first-offense DWI, speeding and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.