Man booked on forcible rape charge
Baton Rouge police arrested a man Saturday accused of raping a child multiple times and threatening to hurt her if she told anyone, an arrest warrant says.
Trent Jackson, 45, 3053 Bootsie Drive, was booked into Parish Prison on a count of forcible rape.
His bail had not been set as of Sunday afternoon.
The victim told police in February that the attacks occurred six or seven times between 2005 and 2007, when she was between the ages of 5 and 7, the warrant says.
Jackson then told the girl he would hurt her if she told anyone about the incidents, the warrant says.
in armed robbery
Baton Rouge police arrested a 19-year-old man Friday accused in an armed robbery March 17 on Anna Street, according to an arrest warrant.
Trey Brown, 19, 5515 Prescott Road, Baton Rouge, was booked into Parish Prison on a count of armed robbery.
Brown and another man approached the victim outside his Anna Street home, the warrant says.
The other man pulled out a gun and pointed it at the victim, the warrant says.
Brown then took a wedding ring, a pair of earrings and $40 from the victim, the warrant says.
Brown and the other man then fled the scene, the warrant says.
Man arrested in
sexual battery case
Baton Rouge police arrested a 20-year-old man Sunday accused of having sex with a woman who, in the dark, thought he was another man, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Melvin Winchester, 5340 Clayton St., Baton Rouge, was booked into Parish Prison on a count of sexual battery.
The victim told police she was having consensual sex with a man at a Clayton Street home, the affidavit says.
The man left the room, and Winchester entered several minutes later, the affidavit says.
The woman thought Winchester was the other man because the room was dark and she could not see him well, the affidavit says. Winchester and the woman then had sex.
The victim later turned on the light and discovered Winchester was there, the affidavit says.
Winchester told police he entered the dark room and had sex with the woman, the affidavit says.
Nine arrested on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least nine people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish — including a man on a third-offense DWI — and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked the counts against them:
- Joseph Wilson, 24, 16720 Clenwood Springs St., Greenwell Springs, third-offense DWI and speeding.
- Arron Gary, 20, 1741 Brightside Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Alexandra Jaxoubowsky, 20, 910 Ben Hur Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, disobeying a police officer and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Ashleigh Keller, 19, 237 Terrio Drive, Reserve, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and driver’s license not in possession.
- Randall Kelley, 29, 25949 Bronzewood St., Denham Springs, first-offense DWI and drinking in a motor vehicle.
- Samuel Liotta, 38, 4268 Woodside Drive, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, failure to maintain control and possession of alcohol in vehicle.
- Kendra Priest, 26, 4888 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd., first-offense DWI and speeding.
- Rachel Rich, 18, 1201 Crawford Drive, Glen Burnie, Md., first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and U-turn limitations.
- Alfred Williams, 49, 6782 Rembrandt Ave., first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and drinking in a motor vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.