- CENTRAL COMMUNITY SCHOOL BOARD: 6 p.m., Central Middle School cafeteria, 12656 Sullivan Road, Central.
- ST. PATRICK’S DAY CELEBRATION: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Children’s Room, River Center Branch Library, 120 St. Louis St. For children ages 4 and up. (225) 389-4959.
- LOUISIANA STUDENT FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE COMMISSION: 10:30 a.m., Louisiana Retirement Systems Building, 8401 United Plaza Blvd. (225) 219-7597.
- BATON ROUGE PRESS CLUB: Noon, De La Ronde Hall, 320 Third St. Albert Tezeno, associate vice chancellor for student success at Southern University, will discuss the retention and recruitment efforts under way to reverse the enrollment decline at Southern. Lunch, which is served at 11:30 a.m., is $12 for members and $15 for nonmembers. The public is invited, but only members of the Press Club and the news media are allowed to ask questions during the question-and-answer portion of the program.
- LSU CINEMA FOR THE EARS CONCERT: 7:30 p.m., New Tiger Band Hall, Aster Street. Concert guest is Dr. Eric Lyon, a lecturer in computer music. General admission is $10 and $5 for students/seniors.