Man, 24, accused
of burglary, shooting
Sheriff’s deputies on Friday arrested a man accused of burglarizing a house on Deer Creek Road in Zachary at about 10:45 p.m. on Dec. 22 and shooting at the homeowners when they returned.
Deputies booked Robert Neff, 24, with a last known address of 19178 Pride-Baywood Road, Clinton, into Parish Prison on one count each of attempted first-degree murder and aggravated burglary, according to an affidavit warrant.
When the owners returned home, one of the two masked burglars inside — either Neff or another man whom witnesses identified as a person named “L.J.”— fired as many as six shots at one of the victims before running off, the warrant says.
Woman arrested in Medicaid fraud case
A woman accused of submitting false timesheets and service logs indicating she provided services to clients on Medicaid “even though no services were rendered” has been arrested, according to an affidavit warrant.
Tymeckia Lavana Johnson, 36, 358 E. 14th St., Reserve, was booked Friday into Parish Prison on one count each of Medicaid fraud, filing or maintaining false public records and forgery, according to an affidavit warrant. The falsified timesheets and service logs were submitted to Johnson’s employer which, in turn, filed for Medicaid reimbursements, the warrant states.
Johnson admitted to investigators from the Louisiana Attorney’s General’s Office that she filed false timesheets for 18 days, for a total of 96 hours, over eight pay periods from June 3 to Sept. 30, the warrant says.
She also admitted she forged the signature of the disabled man who would sign off on her hours, the warrant said.
Seven people booked on DWI in EBR
Authorities arrested at least seven people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Catrice Bocard, 29, 4795 Ave. G, Zachary, second-offense DWI, resisting an officer, flight from officer, improper lane usage and battery of a police officer.
- Nathan Brewer, 32, 732 Keyes Drive, Grovetown, Ga., first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and obstruction of an intersection.
- Brian Burkett, 22, 8333 Elliot Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Emily Lessard, 29, 1416 N. Acadian Thruway, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license required, failure to signal/improper turn and speeding.
- Robert Ricard, 20, 2115 Pireur St., New Orleans, first-offense DWI, driving left of center and failure to maintain control/careless operation.
- Debra Roiger, 45, 5638 St. Gerard Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, possession of drug paraphernalia and failure to maintain control/careless operation.
- Christopher Swanson, 25, 488 Polytech Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.