- DOWNTOWN GREENWAY WORKSHOPS: 9:30 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Design Resource Center, 247 Florida St. The series of public meetings on the Downtown Greenway’s design will continue with “Workshop 2: Government Street to North Boulevard” and “Workshop 3: 7th Street to Convention Street and Capitol Park.” http://www.downtownbatonrouge.org or DDD@brgov.com.
- VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA LUNCHEON AND CARD PARTY: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Woman’s Club, 259 East Blvd. The Volunteers of America Auxiliary of Greater Baton Rouge will hold its annual “Luncheon and Card Party Fundraiser” to help enhance the lives of the residents of the Volunteer of America group homes. Tickets are $20. (225) 766-2143.
- CASA VOLUNTEER SESSION: Noon, Capital Area CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) Association, 848 Louisiana Ave. Capital Area CASA will hold an informational session on becoming a CASA volunteer. Volunteers will help abused and neglected children in foster care find safe and permanent homes. Another session will take place at 10 a.m. Saturday. (225) 379-8598 or visit http://www.casabr.org.
- LUNCHTIME LAGNIAPPE: Noon, Capitol Park Museum, 660 N. Fourth St. Yvonne Lewis-Day will give a free lecture titled “Madame Legendre: Hostess to History.” Bring your own lunch. (225) 219-0726.
- “RISING WATER”: 7:30 p.m., Studio Theatre, LSU College of Music and Dramatic Arts, Dalrymple Drive, LSU campus. The play is the winner of the 2006 National New Play Network Commission Award. It is set in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina. It is a pay-what-you-can performance. (225) 578-3527.
- JESSE COOK: 7:30 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Tickets are $35. (225) 344-0334 or http://www.manshiptheatre.org.