Man, 23, booked with carnal knowledge
A 23-year-old Baton Rouge man was booked into Parish Prison on Thursday on one count each of carnal knowledge of a juvenile and sexual battery.
An affidavit warrant says Deandre Butler, 3011, Lorraine St., first touched the 15-year-old victim inappropriately on numerous occasions when she was 12 until it stopped during a period when Butler was “incarcerated over an unrelated incident,” the affidavit says.
In January, Butler allegedly had intercourse with the victim, the affidavit says.
The girl told a relative, who then notified police, the affidavit states.
Man to face charge
of attempted kidnap
A man accused of trying to kidnap his girlfriend’s two children Thursday was arrested, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Robert Edward Goins, 27, 911 Ridgeport Court, No. 61, was booked Thursday on two counts of attempted aggravated kidnapping of children and two counts of theft, East Baton Rouge Parish Prison records show.
Goins’ girlfriend told deputies that Goins came home to his apartment, took her cellphone and called 911, telling operators he had taken cocaine and needed help, according to the affidavit. The affidavit says Goins snatched and ran out of the house with his girlfriend’s 3-year-old daughter and later her 15-month-old son but the woman was able to get the children back.
After that, Goins ran back into the apartment and stole his girlfriend’s cellphone and wallet, the affidavit says. He ran away but was caught by deputies who spotted him running down Bluebonnet Boulevard, according to the affidavit.
Seven booked in EBR
on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least seven people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Donavon Turner, 27, 9322 Bramble Drive, Baton Rouge, third-offense DWI, hit-and-run and driver’s license suspended/revoked.
- Chris Crochet, 47, 8210 Bastille St., Denham Springs, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Jenny Fletcher, 32, 37458 Province Point, Prairieville, first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control/careless operation and negligent vehicle injuring.
- Andrew Keller, 24, 5745 Tarrytown Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and equipment violation.
- Charles Mascagni, 26, 9446 Donna Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, license plate required and motor vehicle inspection required.
- Richard Morris, 28, 305 Woodcliff Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Allison Munster, 21, 425 Candlewood Drive, Slidell, second-offense DWI, headlights required and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.