Suspect in attack
on boy, 13, arrested
A man accused of hitting a 13-year-old boy in the head with a large metal wine bottle holder in November has been arrested.
Rickey Washington, 55, 1717 N. 15th St., was booked Monday with aggravated battery and cruelty to juveniles, East Baton Rouge Parish Prison records show.
According to an affidavit warrant, Washington was involved in a fight with the 13-year-old victim on Nov. 11 when Washington hit the victim in the head with the wine holder.
Washington also choked the victim with his hands, according to the affidavit.
6 booked with DWI in EBR Parish Prison
Authorities arrested at least six people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Monday and 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Olivia Burdette, 22, 610 Finchley Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and speeding.
- Bobby Dunaway, 53, 24961 Old Greenwell Springs Road, Greenwell Springs, second-offense DWI and driving left of center.
- Sean Kelly, 21, 2949 Metairie Court, Metairie, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and driving over the median.
- John Land, 28, 5010 Woodside Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, hit-and-run, driver’s license required and resisting an officer.
- Anthony McDavid, 25, 40350 Pelican Point Parkway, Gonzales, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- James Simm, 53, 15425 Manchac View Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.