on two store robbers
East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff’s deputies searched Saturday for two men who robbed a Dollar General store on Old Hammond Highway at gunpoint Friday night, a Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman said.
The robbers entered the store at 15363 Old Hammond Highway about 8:55 p.m. and lingered until the rest of the customers left.
Then, they pulled out semi-automatic handguns, stole the security system recording device, robbed the store of an undisclosed amount of cash and fled before deputies arrived, sheriff’s spokeswoman Casey Rayborn Hicks said in an email.
Deputies described the robbers as two black men each between 25 and 30 years old, one light-skinned and the other dark-skinned, Hicks said. Both wore dark jackets and dark-colored jeans, Hicks said.
No injuries were reported, Hicks said.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to contact the East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office at (225) 389-5000 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-7867.
Crime Stoppers leads to arrest of fugitive
Baton Rouge City Constable’s Office personnel arrested a man Friday after Baton Rouge Crime Stoppers notified the public earlier in the week he was a fugitive from justice.
Frank Beauchamp Jr., 57, was booked on counts of second-degree battery, domestic abuse battery and false imprisonment, deputies said in a news release. He was arrested about 11:15 a.m. in the 4800 block of Winbourne Avenue.
Children found in car at prostitution site
Deputies conducting an Internet prostitution sting Thursday night arrested two people and later discovered two children — one 10, the other 11 — occupying the suspects’ car in the hotel parking lot.
Deputies booked Lasheika Collins, 29, 11047 Darius Drive, Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on one count each of prostitution, promotion of prostitution and cruelty to juveniles, an affidavit of probable cause says.
Deputies booked Jonathan Minor, 21, 4366 Shelley St., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on one count each of prostitution, promotion of prostitution and cruelty to juveniles, the affidavit says.
Undercover deputies contacted Collins through a Web site and arranged a meeting at a hotel where they would exchange money for sexual services, the affidavit says.
After agreeing on a price, deputies arrested Collins and Minor, the affidavit says.
Deputies later found out about the children, who were turned over to relatives, the affidavit says.
in Jan. 20 shooting
Baton Rouge police arrested two people Friday in the fatal shooting of Paul Wright, 33, about 4 a.m. on Jan. 20 in the 4600 block of Hooper Road, a police spokesman said.
Police booked Denise Jenkins, 40, 10814 Greencrest Drive, into Parish Prison on one count of second-degree murder, police spokesman Cpl. L’Jean McKneely said in a news release.
Police also booked Calvin Lattimer, 20, 10814 Greencrest Drive, into Parish Prison on one count of principal to second-degree murder, McKneely said.
The group had an argument in the road before the shooting occurred, McKneely had said.
12 arrested on counts of intoxicated driving
Authorities arrested at least 12 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Dymond Ashford, 20, 39039 Elliott Ave., Prairieville, first-offense DWI, driving over the median and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Raymond Belancourt, 40, 7091 Perkins Lane, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Jordan Campbell, 27, 1937 Stonegate Court, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Brittany Daigle, 25, 35342 River Road, Donaldsonville, first-offense DWI, driving left of center and improper lane usage.
- David Gates, 29, 10732 S. Mall Drive, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and speeding.
- Lauren Hendrix, 28, 10732 S. Mall Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, headlights required and speeding.
- Evan Hutchinson, 25, 7465 Pecan Grove, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and reckless operation.
- Randall Lester, 22, 11170 Blue Jay Lane, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Sarah Elizabeth Hebert Lilley, 308 Broadmoor Blvd., Lafayette, first-offense DWI, speeding and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Nicholaus Paubel, 24, 16504 Fort Jackson Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and simple obstruction of a public highway.
- Joshua Williams, 33, 652 Chapanoke Road, Hertford, N.C., first-offense DWI, speeding and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Emily Zipko, 21, 2520 Little Creek Drive, Richardson, Texas, first-offense DWI, failure to signal/improper turn and improper lane usage.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.