Police book man, 22, in sexual battery
Baton Rouge police Wednesday arrested a 22-year-old man accused of inappropriately touching and undressing one woman after a night of partying and trying to undress a second in the same apartment.
Police booked Randolph Holly, 505 Hartwood Drive, Alexandria, into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on one count each of sexual battery and simple battery, a warrant says.
The first victim said she woke up in her underwear the morning of Dec. 22 after she went to bed fully clothed and saw Holly lying in the bed next to her, the warrant says.
The first victim said she later saw Holly in her roommate’s bed, where the woman said Holly tried to undress her, the warrant says.
Fire destroys home on Pecue Lane
Four St. George Fire District engine trucks as well as a ladder truck were dispatched to a house fire at 8832 Pecue Lane on Thursday morning.
A passing motorist called 911 and reported the fire at 10:13 a.m., St. George Fire Department spokesman Eldon Ledoux said in a news release. The blaze was declared under control at 10:58 a.m., Ledoux said.
No one was injured and no one was home at the time the fire started, Ledoux said.
The fire resulted in a total loss of the home and the displacement of four adults and six children, he said.
The American Red Cross was called to the scene to assist the victims.
Traffic on Pecue Lane was shut down in both directions from 10:25 a.m. to 12:50 p.m. so firefighters could work. The fire investigation is ongoing.
12 DWI suspects booked into prison
Authorities arrested at least 12 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Thursday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- John Arceneaux, 51, 2911 La. 966, St. Francisville, second-offense DWI, operating a vehicle while driver’s license suspended for prior offense and improper lane usage.
- Chelsie Ciccone, 20, 1545 Sharlo Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license required/expired, failure to yield left turn and headlights required.
- Michael Crump, 37, 110 Dustin St., LaPlace, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- James Ellis, 30, 3414 Mohican St., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, insurance required, reckless operation of a vehicle, license plate switched and driver’s license suspended/revoked.
- Passmore Furusa, 38, 5580 Monroe Lane, Carville, second-offense DWI, careless driving, failure to maintain control and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- James Greenlee, 52, 14115 Gravier St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle and simple obstruction of a highway.
- Blake Guidroz, 23, 14359 Ventress Road, Ventress, second-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
- Matthew Hailey, 27, 3750 Lower Centerville, Centerville, Miss., first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Erin Halloran, 29, 7734 Bles Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, speeding and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Elizabeth Perry, 54, 2423 Dawson’s Creek Lane, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Alvin Stalling, 61, 8515 Leake Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and driving over median.
- Luke Tant, 21, 5281 Eastbay Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage, driving left of center and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports.To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.